- Gianvito Rossi managers have been accused of racism in a new lawsuit
- Allegedly refused to give tennis star Serena Williams a celebrity discount because ‘the company did not want African American women to wear its shoes’
- They also used ‘racially disparaging comments about Ms. Williams’, suit claims
- Whitney Wilburn, who is black, also claims her ex-manager Grace Mazzilli was ‘hostile to Wilburn based upon her race and age’
- She was later fired without warning, replaced with a younger, white employee
Bosses at luxury shoe company Gianvito Rossi have been accused of branding Serena Williams ‘disgusting’ and refusing to give her a celebrity discount because she’s black.
Whitney Wilburn, who went to work for the shoe firm’s Manhattan boutique in 2015, has filed a racial discrimination lawsuit against her former employer.
Wilburn claims her old boss Grace Mazzilli had a ‘racial animosity toward African Americans’, New York Post.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4520376/Shoe-company-accused-racism-against-Serena-Williams.html#ixzz4hg7djlNt
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook