A CARTEL gangster is believed to have dissolved as many as 650 people in acid after a mass grave was discovered in Mexico.
Thousands of fragments of bone have uncovered by cops believed to belong the victims of the gangster nicknamed El Pozolero – the Stew Maker.
Real name Santiago Meza Lopez, he was first captured in 2009 and confessed to helping the Sinaloa cartel get ride of bodies.
Hundreds of people disappear every year as cartel wage bloody war with each other over the drug trade in Mexico.
Lopez is believed to have operated at a farm known as the Chicken Coop in the city of Tijuana near the border with the US.
There he used used acid in barrels to dissolve human remains on orders from the cartel.
Full Read – https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/690954/mexico-drug-cartel-gangster-murder-bodies-dissolved-acid-stew-maker-Sinaloa
NAIROBI/MORONI (Reuters) – A programme to sell Comoros Islands citizenship to fund development resulted in thousands of passports being sold outside official channels via “mafia” networks and up to $100 million of revenues went missing, according to a report by the small Indian Ocean state’s parliament.
The report, produced by a parliamentary commission set up in June 2017 to investigate the citizenship programme, also said former presidents Ahmed Abdallah Mohamed Sambi and Ikililou Dhoinine, who were in power when the alleged abuses took place, were “suspected of the embezzlement of public funds.”
The programme was flawed from its inception and the current Comoros government should seek international help to recover the missing funds and take officials involved to court, the report concluded.
In a video posted on Facebook, Sambi rejected all accusations against him, saying they had been fabricated to discredit him. He didn’t respond to a request for further comment.
Ikililou told Reuters by telephone that he could not comment on the report as he had not read it yet. Both men have previously said they believed the scheme would help develop the country, an archipelago off the east coast of Africa.
Full Read – https://www.reuters.com/article/us-comoros-passports-exclusive/exclusive-comoros-passport-scheme-was-unlawful-abused-by-mafia-networks-report-idUSKBN1GZ37H
An East Boston man whom prosecutors described in 2012 as the head of the New England Mafia completed in February his 78-month sentence for racketeering and is now walking free, records show.
Anthony L. DiNunzio, 58, was released from custody on Feb. 22, according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons website. His release was first reported Tuesday by WPRI-TV in Rhode Island.
DiNunzio’s lawyer declined to comment Tuesday.
The mobster pleaded guilty in 2012 to racketeering conspiracy for his role in shaking down Providence strip joints.