PROOF in Brief
Sourced From Our Friends
Week Ending 10.27.2017
- Weinstein accusers continue to speak out. Natassia Malthe alleges that in February 2010, Weinstein raped her without a condom at her hotel in London and then masturbated after the attack. Read More
- Zelda Perkins a woman who settled a sexual harassment claim against Harvey Weinstein 20 years ago has decided to break her NDA (non disclosure agreement) and speak about the matter. Ms. Perkins seeks to expose a process that silences victims.
- The first victim lawsuit since the New York Times and the New Yorker blew the lid off Harvey Weinstein’s behavior has been filed. Actress Dominique Huett named the Weinstein Company as defendant in the suit. Huett alleges the Company had knowledge of Harvey’s behavior. Read More
- Harvey Weinstein suing the company that bears his name. The suit seeks access to various records, documents and email accounts. Weinstein believes he needs this information to fight the lawsuit that is currently filed against him as well as those that will likely be coming.
- Five women have accused Mark Halperin (The Circus and other news/political shows) of sexual harassment while he had a powerful and prominent role at ABC News. The stories of the women, who currently have chosen to remain anonymous, are all eerily similar.
- Fox extended Bill O’Reilly’s contract for $25 million despite having knowledge of his $32 million settlement in a sexual harassment matter. Read More
- To date, more than 200 women have claimed to be victims of harassment and assault by filmmaker James Toback (that’s more than Weinstein!). Toback’s modus operandi always the same: approach a woman on the street of NY, offer a part in an upcoming film, and then bring on the unwanted sexual comments and behavior, with the interaction often ending in him masturbtaing or dry humping them. Nice.
- Dozens of sex tapes exist in which Mel B appears may come into evidence at the upcoming trial. Mel B claims that she was drugged in many of the videos and that the sex was nonconsensual. Read More